Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Karen Coil Necklace

A quick post, since I don't want to leave you guys without a Thursday update! I ended up getting one of my wishlist items I wanted since forever: the Karen Coil necklace by Tawapa.


So, yes, it is beautiful. Jaw-droppingly so. If I were to go to the Met Gala or the Oscars, this is what I'd wear. It's so shiny and golden, you can stop traffic with it.

But what no one is saying is...how damn heavy it is. Like oh my god. I'm not sure if it's because I hurt my neck and back a week ago, but I wore this for about 14 hours (work, and then hung out with friends) and I thought I was going to die. When I first held it in my hand i thought it had a good weight. It didn't seem much heavier than the big dog collars I used to wear. But after 14 hours, I was dead. I'll try it for a work day (once my neck is better) and see how that goes. I'd hate to make this "special occasion" jewelry. I vowed to never get anything that can't be worn for everyday wear.  

Also, if you have a thick neck, I wouldn't advise getting this. It isn't adjustable, and it's a tight fit for me (and i'm a teeny tiny person!)


lol randomly found life-size cutouts of dudes
mah hair's so long!

15 comments:

  1. You look amazing! It really suits yiur style! Hope your neck is ok, I don't even wear normally heavy necklaces much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought I'd have a problem of a too-heavy necklace. Bizarre!

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! It really suits yiur style! Hope your neck is ok, I don't even wear normally heavy necklaces much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It suits you and your style so much! I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to wear something like this.
    Too bad on the heavy part, heavy jewellery is no fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this necklace is amazing!! O.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! It suits your style so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear God, that necklace is so freaking awesome. I love your photos, that lip colour is great and you always have such cool ear jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, it looks amazing on you! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! I hope it won't become a special occasion jewelry but instead with using it every time a bit longer, your neck will get accustomed with it. :)

    ReplyDelete