Thursday, January 22, 2015

Undereye Cat's Eye


These days my hair's just going wild, my eyebrows have grown out, and I'm bumming around in a sweatshirt (I took some vacation time). Maybe a new makeup look will cheer me up. Since I really don't like how a regular cat's eye eyeliner looks on my eye, I decided to try out an undereye cat's eye. I also tried out my new Maybelline gel/cream eyeshadow. I'm not sure if I prefer it over liquid eyeliner. It's hard to do Kohl eyes with a brush and it's not as smooth an application as liquid. You can get much thinner lines than a pencil though.

The thing about about only using black eyeliner is that it  always makes your eye look smaller. This drives me crazy. It reminds me of the kind of "dark" makeup you did in junior high because you didn't know any better...since I don't want to shame these kids, here's a picture of a celebrity to illustrate my point:


So maybe doing the bottom half will look better? Eh:

emo werewolf is hunting you


It's kind of interesting, I guess. It kind of looks animal-like. like a tiger or werewolf...emo werewolf.


emo werewolf at rest

emo werewolf closeup
 So the undereye eyeliner looks pretty cool when your eyes are closed.
emo werewolf in the moonlight
hunting you makes emo werewolf's tattered soul more tattered
If I ever LARP a teen werewolf, I've got my costume. Jokes aside, I think it works better for me than the regular cat's eye. I might try it again with the liquid eyeliner so it doesn't look so amateur. I also think I won't have it completely surround my bottom eyelid. maybe just leave it by the outer edges.

Do you do an undereye cat's eye? Tips/tricks?

15 comments:

  1. Wow this makes your eyes look huge! I'm addicted to eyeliner. Cat's eye is my go to when I have no inspiration or I'm feeling lazy. I've never done the under eye one before though, but I do the upper one alone quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it and you're hilarious! I tried doing the undereye cateye on myself and I looked like there was something wrong with me. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really want to like it on myself, but I think it looks kinda strange as well...

      Delete
  3. amazing! Love the hair. I recently tried that look out too and was happy with the results

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Siouxsie-ish, suits you great :-)

    I need top liner because I still haven't figured out mascara application and it covers the smudges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. And you just reminded me that I forgot mascara for this look, lol

      Delete
  5. That looks really cool, as does the claws! I have enough trouble with normal eyeliner, I don't know if I could handle undereye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever wear eyeliner... Never can make it even

      Delete
  6. Talk about ironic timing, I was just experimenting with the undereye cat's eye today. I too hate how black eyeliner can make eyes appear smaller, but even using the undereye I have that problem, so instead I use a white highlight below my bottom eyelash line, and drop the liner beneath that. I find it trickier to draw on my bottom lid, but this really helped my eyes to look larger, so it's worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'll think I'll try that next time.... I still feel like my eyes are tiny

      Delete
  7. This looks great on you! I tried the same thing out a while ago after stumbling across it on Pinterest. It's safe to say it suits you much better than it does me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is MY kind of eyeliner, always did it, always will. normal cat eyeliner doesn´t look good on me either, and is not suited for asian type of eyes at all.
    I love how it looks on you, and I find that it actually makes your eyes bigger, in my case anyway. it looks really androgynous with your hair, that´s cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this on you! I tried this myself and I look totally weird for some unknown reason...
    That ring though <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete